- Fremantle International Portrait Prize (nominated, Australia, 2015)
- Unknown Masterpieces, Fotofestival Knokke (Belgium, 2014)
- CONTEXT Art Miami, group exhibition (Miami, USA, 2013).
- SWAB art fair (Barcelona, 2014)
- Flash-expo, Vichy (prize of the Jury, Vichy, France, 2012).
- The Story of the Creative, group show (New York City, USA, 2013).
- Fremantle International Portrait Prize (nominated, Australia, 2013).
- Galeria "SICART" - Girls (Barcelona, Spain, 2013).
- Art Gent / Lineart 2012 (Gallery exhibition, Belgium, 2012).
- Photo View 2013 (Group exhibition, Belgium, 2012-13).
- fotofever Brussels (Gallery exhibition, Belgium, 2012).
- Fotografiecircuit Vlaanderen (B, various locations, 2012-14)
- De 100, Museum "M" Leuven (Leuven, 2011)
- Art Hill Gallery for Contemporary Art (Belgium, 2012)
- QEP Award for portrait series "GIRLS" (Federation of Professional Photographers, 2012)
- Prize of the Jury, Photo festival Bourbon-Lancy, 2012
- Prize of the Jury, Photo festival Vichy
- Fremantle International Portrait Prize, nominated in 2013 and 2014
Danny Van der Elst (B, 1985) graduated as a Master in Western Literature (K.U. Leuven, 2009). After graduating he decided to become a photographer. He worked as an intern with different photographers, amongst whom Pascal Baetens.
In June 2012, his photo series “GIRLS” received an international QEP-award, handed out by the FEP (Federation of European Professional photographers). Danny Van der Elst is represented by the Barcelona based gallery SICART.